Tuesday, October 25, 2011

LETS NOT PRETENT THAT MARSHALL MATHERS NEVER PICKED UP A PEN!!!!

To some he is EMINEM
To others he is Marshall Mathers
Some call him Slim Shady…
and for others he is Ken Kaniff
But to me he is simply a genius!!!!!!!!

I can't remember exactly when or where it started, but somehow I fell totally and hopelessly in love with the music of Mr Mathers.

The different thing between my obsession with him and other artist was that I was not much interested in his personal life, what I wanted from him was his music.

I remember being nine years old and remember all the teenagers singing:

"Hi! My name is (what?)...my name is (who?)...
my name is... Slim Shady
Hi! My name is (huh?)...my name is (what?)...
my name is... Slim Shady"

Not really knowing what the buzz was about I listened to the song and after the last words of the chorus faded away, I was mesmorized.

I was so impressed with this white boy who talked just like he wanted and appologised for nothing. To me that was how life was suppose to be.

So 12 years later when I was listening to his collabaration with B.O.B I felt personally victimized by the words:
“Lets pretend Marshall Mathers never picked up a pen, Lets pretend things would have been no diff-er-ent!”
I mean come on, what would the world be without his inspiring words to gather us through life.

So I've compiled some of my favorite Eminem qoutes that inspired me!!!! or just made me feel better when I was having a bad day!!!!

“You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.”

“The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.”

“You don't get another chance, Life is no Nintendo game”
“You can do anything you set your mind to, man”
“I'm not afraid to take a stand. Everybody, come take my hand. We'll walk this road together, through the storm, whatever weather, cold or warm. Just lettin you know that, you're not alone. Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road.”
“When I say or do something I do it, I don't give a damn what you think, I'm doing this for me..”

“No love lost, no love found”

“... I'm standing on my Monopoly board that means I'm on top of my game...”

“Cause sometimes, you just feel tired. Feel weak. And when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up. But you gotta search within you. You gotta find that inner strength, and just pull that shit out of you. And get that motivation to NOT give up and NOT be a quitter. No matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse.”

“If you had, one shot, or one opportunity To seize everything you ever wanted - one moment Would you capture it? Or just let it slip?”

“Run out the room and I’ll follow you like a lost puppy
baby, without you, I’m nothing, I’m so lost, hug me
then tell me how ugly I am, but that you’ll always love me”


"I got some skeletons in my closet and I don't know if no one knows it. So before they thrown me inside my coffin and close it,"

Love him or hate him, you have to admit he is AWESOME and just have a way with words!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment