Monday, September 5, 2011

I DON'T OWE YOU JACK

Living in Cape Town has it ups and downs. I'm loving the whole city life especially since I come from a reaally and I mean really ) small town in Namaqualand.

The only real problem I have is the beggars.


I know they are a problem everywhere in the world, but never before in my life had I encountered such arrogant and ungrateful beggars.
I mean if I have nothing I would be satisfied if someone gave me at least a little something.
First case:
My friend and I were walking from Mac d's with a milkshake each. This guy comes running up Kloof Street and ask for a drink. My friend, the good person that she is (bless her) gave him her milkshake even though she hasn’t even drunk half of it.
 "Thank You" he says. Which would be good, but then he turns around and asks me for my milkshake as well...
Well, being me... Of course I told him "No" I mean it's a chocolate milkshake, I do not share chocolate!!!!
Then this guy (who happens to be a coloured guy like me... well I'm a girl) starts yelling at me.
“One of these days you will end up on these streets just like me and then no one will help you. “
Of course I had something to say back to him…
“Well honey that’s why I’m studying, so that I can be stingy and not give a shit”
After that the only come back he had was of course a racial slur, which is what they always go for an effect. Unfortunately for him my brain is wired differently so his “You are mos one of those bananas we have” had no effect on me. Well that and the fact that I had no Idea what he meant with that.
Sometime later I found out from my aunt that he meant I’m one of those banana types’ you know
“Yellow on the outside, but white on the inside”
Lol well that still is funny
To go back to my point where does he get off telling me shit about my milkshake that I bought with my money (well my mom’s hard earned money).
The other thing that these beggars do is get mad at you when you don’t have change.
This one guy saw me buy something in Spar the other day and when I got out of the shop he was standing there. I wanted to do something good for the day so I looked through my purse, but unfortunately I did not have any change. Then he said:
“No I saw them give you change at the till”
And I was like “sure, you want a five cents” and he was like “no man I saw them give you a twenty rand”
Well let’s just say my next works were inappropriate and his reffered to the dirty Afrikaans word for a vagina.
Moral of the story: Whether you give them something or not, whichever way they will find a reason to piss you off....
From now on I'm just going to keep on walking and pretend not to hear what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment